Scheduling queue seems to be lagging behind real time

Horváth Tamás zsitfa at axelero.hu
Tue Jun 8 22:24:40 CEST 2004

Hi!

This was a topic 29 May 2004 and I found it very interesting, because I
experienced the same situation:

"nagios appears to be running fine it is just that when I look at my
scheduling queue the tests at the top of the queue seem to be
constantly" 30 s - 5 mins behind real time.

I run only one main Nagios process in one monitoring machine (Debian
2.4, Nagios 1.1, cca. 500 servies and 380 hosts). I run nagios -s ...
and it said 9 and 27 for the max_concurrent_checks value and I set 35.

I have <1s latency and <1-2 s average check time, but max check time
sometimes is 8 s.Despite these the scheduling queue data sometimes good,
sometimes behind real time.

How can I solve this problem?

Is this a realtionship between latency and check time values which
appears on the Performance screen and the time difference against real
time on the Scheduling Queue?

Thanks, Tamas!