Multiple interfaces

Brian Andrus sysop at millenia.com
Sat Jul 31 09:22:27 CEST 2004

I would recommend writing a mere wrapper that will call the appropriate
check command with the appropriate options. Much like check_nrpe does.

So you would have something like
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use
        host_name               rh1
        address                 10.1.1.2 192.168.1.2 192.168.0.2
        check_command           check-host
        }
define command{
        command_name    check-host
        command_line    $USER1$/check_host -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$
        }
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       rh3
        service_description             http services
        check_command                  check_host!check_http
        }

Then check_host could basically parse out $HOSTADDRESS$ and run $ARG1$ as
the check command with $ARG2$ as the arguments (if any) to pass.

All The Best,

Brian Andrus, president
Millenia Internet Services, Inc.
(310) 260-1514