Management from a Cell phone

Chris Waters CWaters at jeld-wen.com
Sat Jul 31 02:01:32 CEST 2004

Has anyone been successful in sending commands to Nagios from a cell phone
or similar device via email?  I am thinking of writing some procmail
filters/actions to do some things like parse return emails from my trouble
ticket system and then add the ticket number in a comment.  Along those
lines, I was wondering if anyone has developed a method for acknowledging
host down alerts by sending an email back to the nagios server.  It would
seem that processing an external command that is initiated from procmail
would do the trick.

Has anyone done this or something similar.

Trying not to re-invent the wheel,

Chris Waters

--"The conclusive proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe lies in the fact that nobody has bothered to contact us"--unknown