Speeding up Nagios

pshemko pshemko at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 30 04:01:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to create a monitoring system for mid-size network (about 300
hosts, up to 2000 services). However, I'm trying to notify about failures as
fast as possible.

command_check_interval=-1
inter_check_delay_method=s
service_interleave_factor=s
max_concurrent_checks=0
service_reaper_frequency=2
sleep_time=1
service_check_timeout=60
host_check_timeout=30
event_handler_timeout=30
notification_timeout=30
ocsp_timeout=5
perfdata_timeout=5
interval_length=5
use_agressive_host_checking=0
check_service_freshness=1
freshness_check_interval=10

All services have their normal_check_inteval and max_check_attempts to 3.
So, in theory, after 25 seconds since the failure I should get notified.
The box isn't very stressed at the moment (loads below 1), but many services
have the latest checks even a few minutes late (5-6).
Is it possible to speed it up, to I get notified ASAP about a failure?

Kind regards
Pshemko