Perfdata

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Jul 29 23:56:39 CEST 2004

Has anyone looked in to storing performance data in a normalized
relational database?  I'm looking for any information about how
to handle the varied data that comes in from all our plugins and
how to get that into something that can be realistically
queried.

For example, the check_disk I'm using returns a list
filesystem=%full data; and that would have to be split up into
individual rows -- one for each datum.  Other checks (like load
average) make more sense to store in one row -- 5,10, and 15
minute load average values.  How does one (if at all)
generically handle this data?

I know I can just stuff it into RRDTool  / Perfparse, but those
graphs aren't the type of data I am looking for.

Thank you,
-Jason Martin
--
This message is PGP/MIME signed.