nagios usage/question...

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Jul 15 12:13:03 CEST 2004

Robert Nelson wrote:
> [...]

Using the command-pipe is just plain dumb in this case, since the Nagios
core logic doesn't need any knowledge what so ever of who did what and
when, and adding logic for it in the core would mean more complex code
and lead to more bugs. And besides, what's to say that the other page
can't keep logs of things? PHP has excellent database support, as does
perl and python, and anyone with their wits about them should be able to
handle any form of sql from a shell-script.

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se