nagios usage/question...

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Wed Jul 14 16:57:01 CEST 2004

I think it's safe to say that all the features you're asking for are
supported, directly or indirectly. Alarms, permissions, basic management
(via a script you create that runs when a service fails) with a URL for
advanced management, are all possible. To check processes and child
processes, you just need to build the proper plugin. If you want to
redistribute your plugin, there are guidelines to follow; if it's just
internal you could make one that simple does "ps -ef | grep <process>"
and then case the $? value. You just have to define how one would check
inter-process communication to be working properly, in machine terms.

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications
919-538-6326