Maximum in hostgroup?

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Thu Jan 29 21:05:12 CET 2004

Is it possible that those files are not for template-based configuration.  Maybe the definition needs to be set in the xedtemplate_config_file.  Let me look into it.

--------------------------------------
Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS

>>> "Marc Powell" <marc at ena.com> 01/29/04 02:47PM >>>
On Thursday, January 29, 2004 7:26 AM, TIM MOORE shared with us:

> I just figured out that I cannot add more than 288 devices to any one
> hostgroup.  If I do, the config file errors out.  I am running
> version 1.1.  I would assume this is a limitation with Nagios.

It's not a device limit but a character input limit. The max number of
characters to be read from each line of the config files is defined in
xdata/xodtemplate.h. The default value is either 4096 or 8192 characters
(I can't remember off the top of my head which). I've increased mine to
49152 and I'm supporting some very large hostgroups (> 750 hosts), but
YMMV --

#define MAX_XODTEMPLATE_INPUT_BUFFER    49152

--
Marc