Maximum in hostgroup?

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Thu Jan 29 21:06:38 CET 2004

Another guy just wrote me and told me it was a line limit not a count.  He said to change the default amount in the xdata/xodtemplate.h file.  However, I can't find that file on the box.  I think it might be associated with object based config rather than template based.  I wonder if it should be defined in the xedtemplate config that you can create.  I will do some looking.

Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 07:26, TIM MOORE wrote:
> I just figured out that I cannot add more than 288 devices to any one hostgroup.  If I do, the config file errors out.  I am running version 1.1.  I would assume this is a limitation with Nagios.

Are you sure it's the number of hosts and not a line-length limit?

See if you can exchange one longer-named-host for two with shorter names
:)