Antwort: CGI Permissions

h.baecker at ecofis.de h.baecker at ecofis.de
Tue Jan 20 16:25:44 CET 2004

Hi there,

I think you can solve this Problem when you edit your group file
(/etc/group) and include the user for your WebServer (i.e. nobody or
apache) into the group for your nagios process.

For example:
My nagios is running in the group nagios and my webserver runs under user
nobody and my group file looks like this:

nagios:x:502:nobody,nagios

Regards
Hendrik

"Platt, Nicholas" <Nick.Platt at myflorida.com>
Gesendet von: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
20.01.2004 15:21

An
"'Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
<Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Kopie

Thema
[Nagios-users] CGI Permissions

Hello:

I am very new to Nagios and just recently installed it by following the
instructions very carefully.  When I tried to view the web pages with
nagiosadmin, I received the following errors:

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

I've checked google and found several people were having the same problem,
but I did not find a answer with a fix.  Please help by giving my detailed
instructions on how to fix this problem.  Thanks  J