nagmin verify error

Dan Lacey dlacey at cybermesa.com
Fri Jan 16 19:06:51 CET 2004

extern.Lars.Oeschey at audi.de wrote:

>>Error: Could not add object property in file
>>'/usr/local/nagmin/nagios/Command.cfg' on line 71.
>>

>I tried like five installs/setup of nagmin, never got it to work, and
>usually it's because of the same error you get. It seems that the reading of
>the config files during setup isn't error free, and there are linebreaks
>inserted into the database, which shouldn't. Also the handling of generating
>tables during setup never worked for me (take alone the fact that
>"nagmin_drop.sql" never drops the databse itself, but "nagmin_load.sql"
>tries to create the database. To me that all looks still buggy, and i'm
>leaving it alone for now.
>
>Lars

I had the same problems. I edited the .sql files generated by the config
script and ran the them from the command line.
Then I restarted the script and answered no when the script tried to
create the DB.

After that, it was pretty easy sailing!!! Well worth the effort!

I am now struggling with using the DB to log instead of files. I believe
that it is sorta working.... Anybody got this to work??? I read the docs
and followed directions, but it doesn't seem to be updating all the
fields...

Later,
Dan

--