nagmin verify error

Jamin Cleveland jamin at skyriver.net
Tue Jan 20 22:03:27 CET 2004

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Dan Lacey [mailto:dlacey at cybermesa.com]

	>extern.Lars.Oeschey at audi.de wrote:
	>
	>>>Error: Could not add object property in file
	>>>'/usr/local/nagmin/nagios/Command.cfg' on line 71.
	>>>
	>>>
	>>
	>>I tried like five installs/setup of nagmin, never got it to work, and
	>>usually it's because of the same error you get. It seems that the reading of
	>>the config files during setup isn't error free, and there are linebreaks
	>>inserted into the database, which shouldn't. Also the handling of generating
	>>tables during setup never worked for me (take alone the fact that
	>>"nagmin_drop.sql" never drops the databse itself, but "nagmin_load.sql"
	>>tries to create the database. To me that all looks still buggy, and i'm
	>>leaving it alone for now.
	>>
	>>Lars
	>
	>I had the same problems. I edited the .sql files generated by the config
	>script and ran the them from the command line.
	>Then I restarted the script and answered no when the script tried to
	>create the DB.
	>
	>After that, it was pretty easy sailing!!! Well worth the effort!

	I went ahead and edited the .sql files called on by the NagMIN setup script per Dan's suggestion (there were some column values missing), and the MySQL DB appears to be correctly populated now.  However, the Verify error remains:

	Error: Could not add object property in file '/usr/local/nagmin/nagios/Command.cfg' on line 75.

	Has anyone found a true workaround for this issue?

	-Jamin