extended information handling...

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Thu Jan 15 02:32:59 CET 2004

Ron Huff writes:

> Like I said, nagios is picking up my 2D map...but using nothing but
> default images??!?!  What have I missed?

You could have made all sorts of errors in the format of your
hostextinfo file.  But the thing that bit me was that the internal
format of GD images (recommended for use in status maps to reduce
CPU load) can change subtly between versions of GD.  If you convert
your images to GD format on a machine with a different version of
GD to the machine running Nagios (particularly if the the machine
doing the conversion is running a later version of GD) then it is quite
possible that Nagios will be unable to display the images and will use
the defaults instead.

If you didn't do so, convert the images to GD format on the machine
running Nagios and see if that fixes things.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support