MODERATION REQUEST -- namecalling, sniping and other childish behavior

Paul L. Allen pla at softflare.com
Wed Jan 14 01:33:44 CET 2004

Joe Rhett writes:

> This person evidently feels that their (misguided) opinion is so perfect
> and true that they are justified in calling people names and talking down
> to them like a child.  Given that this individual appears to have missed
> the point of the original post entirely, he's just spewing smoke.
>
> I am officially requesting that this person be asked to take their
> condescending and insulting behavior elsewhere.

In another post you called me a "content-nazi".  The Nazis were involved
in book burning to censor criticism. The Nazis beat up people who
criticised them (do a google search on "brown shirts").  You label me
in another post as a content-nazi because I DISAGREE with you and dare
to criticise your style, yet here you are demanding that the moderators
(at the very least) tell me to stop criticising you or (at worst) kick
me off the list and exhibiting the sort of censorship you wish to label
me with.

I will repeat that I would not censor you if I could.  But now I will
reveal the reason.  If I had the power to censor you (I don't) and
the will to exercise it (I don't) then doing so would prevent me from
enjoying the very real pleasure of responding to your posts.  Whereas
if you had the power to censor me (you don't) and the will to exercise
it (you wish) then you would rush to do so to stop me highlighting your
idiocy.  One of us definitely exhibits tendencies shown by totalitarian
regimes throughout history, but it isn't me.

Another clue suppository for you: self-censorship would benefit you more
than expressing a wish to censor me.

[All the needless stuff that YOU should have snipped when you responded
has been snipped by me.  DON'T YOU EVER LEARN?]

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support