parent hosts

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Jan 12 16:05:38 CET 2004

If you're not using a loopback address on the router, I would highly
recommend that you do so. Then, you monitor the host using the loopback
IP, and monitor the individual interfaces using one of the service check
plugins designed for this (check_ifoperstatus; check_ifstatus). Then
your host becomes a single parent again.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)