mysql "make all" error

ChuckDock cjdock at excite.com
Sun Jan 11 04:05:10 CET 2004

Hello all,

I have been using Nagios for around 2 weeks. I monitor 451 routers. I have decided to install Nagios on a second box for pre-production release.

I have mysql running, that was a struggle in itself. There is no password set at this time for it, I want to minimize permission problems until it's live time. I tried this 2 ways, one with Nagios installed and working, and as a fresh Nagios install , both yeild the same error. Nagios compiles fine, I use ./configure --with-mysql-xdata and then run make all. I get this:

root at slacker:~/nagios-1.1# make all

cd ./base && make

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/nagios-1.1/base'

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE -lmysqlclient  nagios.c checks.o config.o commands.o flapping.o logging.o notifications.o sehandlers.o utils.o sretention.o ../xdata/xrddb.c ../common/comments.c ../xdata/xcddb.c ../common/objects.c ../xdata/xodtemplate.c ../common/statusdata.c ../xdata/xsddb.c perfdata.o ../xdata/xpddefault.c ../common/downtime.c ../xdata/xdddb.c    -lm -o nagios

sretention.o(.text+0x28): In function `save_state_information':

/root/nagios-1.1/base/sretention.c:86: undefined reference to `xrddefault_save_state_information'

sretention.o(.text+0x98): In function `read_initial_state_information':

/root/nagios-1.1/base/sretention.c:122: undefined reference to `xrddefault_read_state_information'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [nagios] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/nagios-1.1/base'

make: *** [all] Error 2

root at slacker:~/nagios-1.1#

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chuck