availability reporting

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 27 16:46:29 CET 2004

On Friday, February 27, 2004 2:07 AM, Neil shared with us:

> Hey guys,
>
> Someone before suggested to me to use wget or lynx to get
> availability of a host. I tried copying the URL from the nagios
> webpage, and I was able to extract the report. Problem is, when I
> load the generated .html page, I get and authentication prompt. I
> opened the source and found out that it could be the link to css
> style sheets that's triggering it from prompting an authentication
> window.
>
> Anyways, can someone here provide an URL that I can use with lynx,
> wget or fetch in my crontab? And how do I get nice colors without
> having the css style sheet point to a path?
>
> Or, you can share the way you approached this requirement. :)

Well, the stylesheets are necessary for the proper formatting of the
page. I presume that since your reports are viewed in HTML that you're
using a web server/browser to look at them. Why don't you make a copy of
the stylesheets directory where it's accessible without authentication.
Where this ends up being is going to be directly related to where the
wget'd availability reports are located. The stylesheets are going to be
looked for as http://whatever.report.url/stylesheets/*.css. I can't
really be more specific than that without knowing how things are layed
out on your filesystem, how your web server is set up and what URL
you're using to get to the generated reports. If you have a web
developer on staff they should be able to help you if you don't know
yourself.

--
Marc