compatibility with V6

prabhu.anandh at wipro.com prabhu.anandh at wipro.com
Thu Feb 26 06:23:40 CET 2004

Hi Mike,
I appreciate your help.But the status shows me that It is in critical
state.this is what I exactly get

ipv63  PING  CRITICAL 02-26-2004 10:55:24 0d 0h 2m 53s 1/3  PING
CRITICAL - Host not found (xxxx::xxx:xx:xx:xxx:xxx)

To be precise,I am running nagios in dual stack(v4/v6).and I am able to
ping6 from both host.

Since for v6 we have to use ping6, do we have to make some changes in
the service.cfg and checkcommands.cfg and by adding new service like
PING_6. then I am only able to ping6 using that -I ethX option.if we
have to include this,please help me how to include.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Prabhu Anandh S.