compatibility with V6

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Wed Feb 25 07:26:25 CET 2004

On 2004-02-24T18:30:56+0530, prabhu.anandh at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have a few machines which are configured for Ipv6 only.Can I monitor
> those machines using the existing nagios or do I have to configure
> separately for that.How can I specify the IP address for those v6
> machines.
> Thanks in advance. Help required urgently....waiting for your
> suggestions and answers.

Yes, you can monitor IPv6 hosts with Nagios 1.2, I do.  I have had
success using hostnames as well as IPv6 addresses.  As an example, here
is what the 'address' line for one of my peers looks like (this is
within the 'define host{}' region):

address		3ffe:c00:8023:38::1

You do not have to wrap the address in [] to make it work.  If you have
AAAA records set up for those hosts, then I would just put the hostnames
in the file and let DNS do the rest.  I am not authoritative for the
above listed /64, so I used the address instead.

I hope this helps you!

--
Mike
perl -e 'print unpack("u","88V]N=&%C=\"!I;F9O(&EN(&AE861E<G,*");'