HELP!! Installing A New Version Of Nagios Using Existing Clients and Con figuration Files

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Feb 25 15:22:01 CET 2004

Hi Marc --

The check_nrpe plug-in was missing. I copied it from the original Nagios
server and put it into the new one.

I reran the test with the new server and a somewhat different problem has
occurred. The Windows machines and
printers appear without a problem, but the UNIX/Linux systems still report
as down, and when I check the services
on them, they all report back with a no output error message. I tried to
manually run a check of the systems via the
host information screen. But no matter what option I check, I am confronted
with the error message

	Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd for
update.

I double-checked the permissions on the parent directory of the file, and
they match those of the original server.
The cgi.cfg file also matches that of the older server. Any ideas?