Nagios causing signal 11 on apache.

Tim Uckun tim at diligence.com
Fri Feb 20 00:44:42 CET 2004

>The nagios daemon (the bit that's doing the actual service checking,
>as opposed to the web page generating CGI stuff) doesn't have
>*anything* to do with the web server, so it seems... unlikely that it
>directly could cause Apache threads to die.

Ooops it seems like I was misunderstood.

What is happening is that nagios is running on machine A checking https and
http service on machine B. The signal 11s are happening on machine B.

In other words when nagios checks the web server apache (the machine being
checked) throws a signal 11.

Just like sshd throws error messages into syslog when nagios checks to see
if sshd is running.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
  http://www.diligence.com/