Nagios causing signal 11 on apache.

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Feb 19 23:29:32 CET 2004

> However, if you do have a flaky memory bank in the high memory
> regions, the extra memory load caused by the nagios processes might
> push the Apache processes to higher memory locations, where they get
> hit by the bad memory. Just a shot in the dark, but I've seen stranger
> things.

Another possibility might be that the Nagios _daemon_ isn't causing the
problem, but Nagios actually testing (via check_http) the Apache running
on that box.

Is your Nagios instance configured to test Apache on that same machine?

Benny

--
"Have you ever tried simply turning off the TV, sitting down with your
children, and hitting them?"                   -- Bender, "Futurama"