followup: nagios not sending out notifications

Jon Neher jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:50:33 CET 2004

Actually, as it turns out, notifcations are working for
service checks besides PING, but when the host goes down,
there is no notification/escalation
and all other notifications are stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

> I was trying to debug an anomolous problem with our nagios server.
> I shutdown nagios, deleted all the .log and .sav files under
> $NAGIOSHOME/var and restarted.  eventually all of the service checks
> ran OK but when I tested bringing down a test service, nagios
> showed it as critical and the host it was on as down but will
> not send out any notifications.  notifications are on for
> all of the hosts and services.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Computing Center			Internet: jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu
University of Oregon		        WWW http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jneher
Eugene, OR 97403-1212			Amateur Radio: N7WNX
Voice: (541) 346-1731
Fax: (541) 346-4397