Antwort: followup: nagios not sending out notifications

h.baecker at ecofis.de h.baecker at ecofis.de
Tue Feb 17 22:40:01 CET 2004

Hi Jon,

Please have a look at your contacts.cfg

define contact{
        contact_name                    wan
        alias                           WAN
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r

-->        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
-->        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email

        email                           wan at localhost
        pager                           none
        }

This marked commands exist at my nagios to send mail in case of service /
hosts problems.
The 2 lines above like *_notification_options controlles on which status
notifications will be sent out. (warning, unknown, critical, recovery for
services and down, unreachable, recovery for hosts)

Perhaps this is your problem?

Regards,
Hendrik

Jon Neher <jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu>
Gesendet von: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
17.02.2004 21:50

An
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Kopie

Thema
[Nagios-users] followup: nagios not sending out notifications

Actually, as it turns out, notifcations are working for
service checks besides PING, but when the host goes down,
there is no notification/escalation
and all other notifications are stopped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

> I was trying to debug an anomolous problem with our nagios server.
> I shutdown nagios, deleted all the .log and .sav files under
> $NAGIOSHOME/var and restarted.  eventually all of the service checks
> ran OK but when I tested bringing down a test service, nagios
> showed it as critical and the host it was on as down but will
> not send out any notifications.  notifications are on for
> all of the hosts and services.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Computing Center                                                 Internet:
jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu
University of Oregon                                     WWW
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jneher
Eugene, OR 97403-1212                                            Amateur
Radio: N7WNX
Voice: (541) 346-1731
Fax: (541) 346-4397

reporting any issue.