nagios not sending out notifications

Jon Neher jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 17 21:25:52 CET 2004

Hello,

I was trying to debug an anomolous problem with our nagios server.
I shutdown nagios, deleted all the .log and .sav files under
$NAGIOSHOME/var and restarted.  eventually all of the service checks
ran OK but when I tested bringing down a test service, nagios
showed it as critical and the host it was on as down but will
not send out any notifications.  notifications are on for
all of the hosts and services.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

Computing Center			Internet: jneher at darkwing.uoregon.edu
University of Oregon		        WWW http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jneher
Eugene, OR 97403-1212			Amateur Radio: N7WNX
Voice: (541) 346-1731
Fax: (541) 346-4397