A Potential Bug with Object.cache?

Mark Nadir mnadir at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 16 18:33:40 CET 2004

Hi,

First of all let me congratulate all the contributors to 2.0b - this is
truly a remarkable piece of work.

I would like to submit a potential anomaly I have noticed recently.

Every so often, I would see old services/hosts definitions, as well as
certain states that seem to be cached somewhere that appear out of thin
air, when activating any of the cgi's from the navigation sidebar.

For instance, if I change/add a new service to a host, then click on
Hosts Details, Service Details, or Tactical Overview a number of times -
every so often, a report would be generated that does NOT show the new
service - this applies to tactical view as well. So out of 15 clicks, 14
clicks would show the correct configuration, but one click would not.
This number of clicks is by no means fixed, and varies.

Upon further reading, I noticed that there is a new feature
objects.cache which may seem to govern this. I tried disabling
objects.cache from within nagios.cfg, but this doesn't seem to solve the
problem, since it persists.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and if so, how have they resolved
it?

Mark.