sms_client scripts

mark mark at menem.mine.nu
Tue Dec 7 22:55:47 CET 2004

Mark Maas wrote:

> Contact says:
> define contact{
>     contact_name            mark
>     alias                Mark
>     service_notification_period    24x7
>     host_notification_period    24x7
>     service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
>     host_notification_options    d,u,r
>     service_notification_commands    notify-by-email,notify-by-sms
>     host_notification_commands    host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-sms
>     email                mark at menem.mine.nu
>     }

Ok I cheated, the original contact bit is with the
service_notification_commands saying:

service_notification_commands
notify-by-email,notify-by-pager,notify-by-sms
and
host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-pager,host-notify-by-sms

and that did not work. for only the first two commands actually get
  called by nagios. NOT ALL THREE!

Even though the eventlog says so... (bug?)

I know this, for when I removed the pager command the whole setup
suddenly worked. And when I put the email command as the third, it
does not get called as well.

Just thought i'd share..

Mark