sms_client scripts

Mark Maas mark at menem.mine.nu
Fri Dec 3 16:48:33 CET 2004

Hi List!

Would anyone please share there sms_client scripts with me and the
world?
I'm having a hard time getting Nagios to use sms_client.

I tried this but it would not work:

# 'notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
	command_name	notify-by-sms
	command_line	/usr/bin/sms_client -q $CONTACTNAME$
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTALIAS$-$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ -
Service: $SERVICEDESC$ - Host: $HOSTNAME$ - Address: $HOSTADDRESS$ -
State: $SERVICESTATE$ - Info: $OUTPUT$ - Date: $DATETIME$"
	}

and:

# 'host-notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
	command_name	host-notify-by-sms
	command_line	/usr/bin/sms_client -q $CONTACTNAME$
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - Host $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ - Host
$HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE$ - Info: $OUTPUT$ - Time: $DATETIME$"
	}

Contact says:
define contact{
	contact_name			mark
	alias				Mark
	service_notification_period	24x7
	host_notification_period	24x7
	service_notification_options	w,u,c,r
	host_notification_options	d,u,r
	service_notification_commands	notify-by-email,notify-by-sms
	host_notification_commands	host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-sms
	email				mark at menem.mine.nu
	}

The email bit works, and I can see that both *-notify-by-email and
*-notify-by-sms scripts are called by Nagios in the log.
But the modem never even starts dialing.

Anyone?
Thanks,
Mark