nagios 1.0 / bind9 strange behaviour

Gergely Tamas dice at mfa.kfki.hu
Sat Dec 4 11:17:16 CET 2004

Hi!

We use bind 9.2.4 as our name server and noticed following strange log
message from nagios.

Otherwise the name server seems to work fine. What could be the cause
of this log entry?

--- >>> --- >>> --- >>> ---
Subject: ** PROBLEM alert - XXX domain server, Linux/DNS is CRITICAL **

***** Nagios 1.0 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: DNS
Host: XXX domain server, Linux
Address: XXX
State: CRITICAL

Date/Time: Sat Dec 4 08:40:28 MET 2004

Additional Info:

(Return code of 139 is out of bounds)

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,
Gergely