Recurring downtime: necessary to restart nagios to reread the downtime.log?

lhill at groupit.com lhill at groupit.com
Wed Aug 11 21:43:27 CEST 2004

I have a cronjob append a new downtime to the downtime.log and
comments.log each night. Although the log is getting updated correctly,
Nagios does not recognize the downtime until I restart the service. OTOH,
it does reread the comment.log, so those messages get added to the
comments list each night. I understand the need for restart to reread cfg
files, but am I missing something concerning getting Nagios to reread the
downtime.log?

Thanks,

Lance Hill
GroupIT