New member and a question

Pierre Schweitzer pierre at kittyworld.com
Sat Aug 7 10:56:02 CEST 2004

Hello from a newbie,

I'm a new member, who is using netsaint daily at work (as a user in a NOC,
not an admin)
New to Nagios, I installed it yesterday at home (On a mac)  to monitor my
own web site on shared hosting ,

And I asked myself a question, sorry, not really technical, but legal or
deontological: could my web hosting company (which is NOT my employer) say
something against the fact that I'm using Nagios (or any monitoring system)
to monitor my site (my own domain  and only IP) ? could they consider it as
an intrusion ?
I just monitor the ping, HTTP, FTP, pop3 and smtp

Have any of you been facing this problem ?

It may seem a stupid question , but at work clients PAY us to monitor their
site :-))

Thank you for your insights

Pierre