NRPE Nagios / SSL Problem

Sam Stave sam_stave at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 12:54:41 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have to solaris systems currently for the testing of
NRPE  - netmon and mon-client

netmon has nagios running and can check remote
services - everything is running fine.

mon-client is a new soalris install, and has nagios
installed for the local checks - and has NRPE
installed.

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_* (from 1.3.X plugs)
openSSL is installed (9.7d)

I have manually run the checks ( ./check_* ) - and
they all work fine... so I verified they would actully
function.

when I run NRPE with the following command:

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg

I get the following error:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe: fatal:
libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or
directory

I know this is an open SSL issue - but I dont
understand it (I am new to this)

I also getthe same error on the NAGIOS server when I
run ./check_nrpe

what does this mean?

Thanks

Sam