apan nagios etc

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Apr 12 22:15:03 CEST 2004

Hi Mark,

I compared the settings that you mentioned for the services, cgi, and
checkcommands cfg files with the ones that I have,
and they all match up. As far as the check_command line in services.cfg is
concerned, since I am checking the disk usage
on the Linux host, the syntax there is apan-sql!disk!80!90

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Dalton [mailto:mwd at cray.com]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 4:04 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] RE: apan nagios etc

Andrew,

Did you also setup your nagios/etc/services.cfg, cgi.cfg and
checkcommands.cfg?
I am watching load and ping but it should be the same...

Just the information from my 'grep'.. of what I setup with apan.

cgi.cfg:xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/servicextinfo-apan
checkcommands.cfg:command_name            apan-sql
checkcommands.cfg:command_line
/usr/local/nagios/apan-sql/apan-sql.sh $ARG1$ $HOSTNAME$
$SERVICEDESC$ $TIMET$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$
services.cfg:   check_command
apan-sql!ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
services.cfg:        check_command                   apan-sql!load!70!90

Mark

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

>Hi there --
>
>I ran the plug-in in question, which in this case was nagios-stat on the
>monitoring server, and it came back with information about
>the remote client. The syntax that I used was
>
>						./nagios-stat -d /dev/sda1
-w 20