NRPE on IA64-linux (Taiji Otsuki)

Mon Apr 12 06:17:44 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:46:26 +0900
> From: Taiji Otsuki <otsuki at x-trans.jp>
> To: "Mooney, Ryan" <ryan.mooney at pnl.gov>
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] NRPE on IA64-linux
> Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>

> I changed the -m option "486" to "ia64" in Makefile, but it didn't
> work and resulted in error(I didn't put down the error massages,,,,..)
>

> gcc -Wall -m486 -O2 -DVERSION=\"1\" -DSUBVERSION=\"0\"   -c
> -ocheck_memory.o check_memory.c
> cc1: invalid option `486'
> make: *** [check_memory.o] error code 1

> Don't you know any option to complie it? Or should I try some other ways?

Perhaps it is worth trying from the CLI, the gcc command without the -m
option (gcc should produce code for the target it is installed on).

eg gcc -Wall -DVERSION="1" -DSUBVERSION="0" -c  -ocheck_memory.o
check_memory.c

If it works => hack the makefile (seeing a machine dependent
optimisation in a multi platform application seems a bit strange).

You have probably already tried this but the -m option looks wrong to
me unskilled eyes.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.