NRPE on IA64-linux (Taiji Otsuki)

Taiji Otsuki otsuki at x-trans.jp
Tue Apr 13 21:51:45 CEST 2004

Dear Stanley,

Thanks for your replay.
> > I changed the -m option "486" to "ia64" in Makefile, but it didn't
> > work and resulted in error(I didn't put down the error massages,,,,..)
> >
> > gcc -Wall -m486 -O2 -DVERSION=\"1\" -DSUBVERSION=\"0\"   -c
> > -ocheck_memory.o check_memory.c
> > cc1: invalid option `486'
> > make: *** [check_memory.o] error code 1
>
> Perhaps it is worth trying from the CLI, the gcc command without the -m
> option (gcc should produce code for the target it is installed on).
>
> eg gcc -Wall -DVERSION="1" -DSUBVERSION="0" -c  -ocheck_memory.o
> check_memory.c
I tried " gcc -O2 -Wall -DVERSION="1" -DSUBVERSION="0" -c
-ocheck_memory.o check_memory.c " before, but I didn't try without
"-m486 -O2" to compile it.
This system does'nt connect to the Internet,so it takes time to go
there and get result. I'll try it next time.

> If it works => hack the makefile (seeing a machine dependent
> optimisation in a multi platform application seems a bit strange).
>
> You have probably already tried this but the -m option looks wrong to
> me unskilled eyes.
I understood "-m" option didn't suit to compile this. Thanks this info.