NRPE on IA64-linux

Taiji Otsuki otsuki at x-trans.jp
Sun Apr 11 14:46:26 CEST 2004

thanks ryan, and sorry for late reply.

> Err, umm if your getting IA32 syscalls you have IA32 code.
> Check the resulting NRPE binary to make sure that it is IA64
>
> Try running "file /?path?/nrpe" where ?path? is the path to
> where you installed nrpe.
> The output should look something like:
> 	ELF 64-bit LSB executable, IA-64, version 1, dynamically linked
> (uses shared libs), not stripped
>
> If its IA32 you will see something like
> 	 ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
> GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Acturally I tried file command for NRPE binary. NRPE daemon and
some other plugins didn't seem to cause any problems.
The output of the file command for nrpe,check_disk,check_load,check_snmp,
 ELF 64-bit LSB executable, IA-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

However, the problem looked check_memory which is contrib plugin,
ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux
2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
I re-compiled the check_memory plugin,

# cd nagios-plugins-1.3.1/contrib/tarballs/check_memory
# make all
gcc -Wall -m486 -O2 -DVERSION=\"1\" -DSUBVERSION=\"0\"   -c
-ocheck_memory.o check_memory.c
cc1: invalid option `486'
make: *** [check_memory.o] error code 1
I changed the -m option "486" to "ia64" in Makefile, but it didn't
work and resulted in error(I didn't put down the error massages,,,,..)

Don't you know any option to complie it? Or should I try some other ways?