NRPE on IA64-linux

Mooney, Ryan ryan.mooney at pnl.gov
Fri Apr 9 18:09:49 CEST 2004

Err, umm if your getting IA32 syscalls you have IA32 code.
Check the resulting NRPE binary to make sure that it is IA64

Try running "file /?path?/nrpe" where ?path? is the path to
where you installed nrpe.
The output should look something like:
	ELF 64-bit LSB executable, IA-64, version 1, dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), not stripped

If its IA32 you will see something like
	 ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

If your getting IA32 code then you need to check your compiler tool
chain.  IA32 runs several times slower on IA64 than native code (and
yes there is an IA32 compat for IA64 regardless of what the gelato
page says, the compat libs are part of the x86-compat-libs package).