REPOST: Problem with Apan Graphs

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 7 15:32:55 CEST 2004

I don't know the exact answer, but I can make some educated guesses. See
below.

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> The problem that I am facing is when I click on the link to show the graphs,
> they do not appear. Basically small red "x"'s appear where the graphs should be
> which
> may indicate a problem with  the link.

If you're using IE it means the image pointed to doesn't exist. Any
other browser would show the 'broken-image' icon. If other browsers also
display the red 'x', apan links to a default image if the 'real' one
can't be found, or if it can't generate the image properly.

> I ran the
> apan-sql and genereate-sql cgi files manually as the root and nagios user. Both
> accounts
> generated the following error message:
>
> ERROR 1064 at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual
> that corresponds to your MySQL server version
> for the right syntax to use near ' ' at line 1

Which means apan apparently contains an SQL error, or that it requires
something that your version of MySQL has been configured to not include.

> The version of MySQL that I am using is Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18.

I assume you mean ver 4.0.18 and Distrib 12.22.

> At this point I am at a loss as to why the graphs are not appearing, and could
> really
> use some help in correcting this.

Check the SQL syntax in the apan source and try to run what it runs
manually. It's also quite possible that something in the output is
disrupting the sql syntax, so that it needs to be escaped before the db
engine can handle it properly. That often leads to problems like this.

On a sidenote;
Posting the question over and over isn't going to get you anywhere. If
anybody can and want to answer it, they will most likely do so the first
time. If they don't (either), then tough luck.

--
Mvh / Best Regards
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
andreas.ericsson at op5.se