check_swap reports negative numbers with 2.6 kernel, ok with 2.4

Novick, Jeff novickj at toysrus.com
Wed Apr 7 14:28:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

With the 2.6.5 kernel, check_swap reports:
entweb:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_swap -w 15% -c 30%
CRITICAL - Swap used: -2147483648% (0 out of 0)

If I reboot the server with 2.4.25, it reports:
entweb:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_swap -w 15% -c 30%
Swap ok - Swap used:  0% (0 out of 1011699712)

entweb:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_swap -V
check_swap (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.9
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

Running nagios-plugins-1.3.1 on Slackware 9.1 with all updates.
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jeff

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin at toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.