Nagios + SMS = TRUE?

bauchi lists at bauchi.de
Thu Sep 25 10:39:44 CEST 2003

SJ> Hello all!

SJ> We are in the process of setting up an SMS-gateway for our customers,
SJ> and I want to know if and how you can get Nagios to use that for alerting
SJ> us during "non-work" hours?

SJ> I assume that since the SMS-gateway accepts e-mails as source I can just set
SJ> up a new contactgroup for off-hours and have the mail posted to the
SJ> SMS-gateway instead?

SJ> Anyone have experience in setting up this kind of function and ready to
SJ> share some experiences?

SJ> Regards,
SJ> Stefan Jakobsson

hi stefan,

i've set up a similar solution for our nagios, execpt that the machine
running nagios is also the sms *gateway*.
i've created a notification command that invokes yaps (yet another
pager software) and sends the sms directly via a dedicated isdn line.
a second contact is notified via sms within the non-workhours with the
notify_by_sms command.

our second monitoring system (runs on z/OS) can only send emails, so
it send's it's mails to the nagios machine where a perl script takes
the mail and calls once again yaps to send the mail ...

i know that this is not exactly what you want, but it might help you

--
"In god we trust, the rest we monitor"
mailto:lists at bauchi.de