Plugin output question

Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy jeld at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 26 15:37:52 CEST 2003

Karl DeBisschop wrote:

>Try the check_disk on CVS HEAD -- it does what you want, but a tighter
>output format. (Except thet you have to look for asterick to see whihc
>partition is the problem (because html exceeds the line lentgh limit)

But, this doesn't answer my question, my plugin works, I like the way it
colors things in HTML, I just wanted to know if there is someplace in
the code where something will screw up because of the changed limit.
BTW, stripping HTML doesn't help much on a system with 40+ mounted
partitions :) I might have to raise the limit to 2K to accomodate some
of these monsters or do some more serious patching.

>The plugins strive to keep below 384 unless the --verbose switch is
>given - it's a reasonable practive and had precedent.

Yes, that is what I am talking about, but AFAIU, Nagios never calls
check scripts with --verbose unless specified at command_line and never
captures any output beyond the firs line break. What I was thinking
about is having 2 separate outputs stored depending on weather we need a
short status on-liner or a nice description of the service state.