Host Extended Info Template broken?

Brad Johnson bjohnson at got.wedgie.org
Thu Sep 25 18:12:51 CEST 2003

I'm having a problem using the templates with the host extended info.
Here's what's going on.

I've defined a couple of templates for different system types (such as
Windows and RedHat Linux):

define hostextinfo {
	name		windows
	icon_image	windows.gif
	register	0
}

Then if I define two Windows hosts using the windows template:

define hostextinfo {
	use		windows
	host_name	win1
}

define hostextinfo {
	use		windows
	host_name	win2
	notes_url	/moreinfo/windows.html
}

You would think that only win2 would have additional notes, but both win1
AND win2 have additional notes. If I remove the notes_url from win2, the
additional notes disappear from both win1 and win2.

The odd thing is that I've only noticed this behavior with the notes_url
configuration directive. Everything else seems okay.

I'm assuming this is a bug - or am I missing something here? Has anyone
else seen this?

Thanks,
Brad