Contact Notification Options

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Sep 23 16:56:52 CEST 2003

I've setup Nagios in a NOC that wishes to have service critical/warning
and host down notifications sent to a particular email address that will
generate a trouble ticket. This was easy enough to setup, by making the
NOC contact use 'c,w' for services and 'd' for host notification
options.

Now they would like to have the remaining down/unreachable messages
arrive at a different email address. Again, I thought this would not be
a big deal, I would just create a new contact that has the opposite
notification options. However, when I verify the configuration, I
receive this error message:

Checking contacts...
Warning: Service recovery notification option for contact 'noc_recover'
doesn't make any sense - specify critical and/or warning options as well
        Checked 5 contacts.

Since this is just a 'warning', it should still work as intended, right?

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)