Host assumed to be up?

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Tue Sep 23 17:06:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Jain, Rajeev - Contingent Staff wrote:

> I looked in to FAQ but didn't find an answer which would help permanently.
> Can someone please suggest how to change "host Assumed to be up" to actual
> information?

I'm not sure that you can... the host's active check is never executed as long
as at least one service is up and running.  The assumption is that if some
services are running, the host must be online.  If you need to collect stats
from that check command, you can duplicate it as a service.  For example, my
host check command is a ping.. but I've also got a PING service defined for
all hosts.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110