Nagios failing to check services

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Sep 22 16:46:38 CEST 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Tedman Eng wrote:

> Here's something to chew on:
>
> Are all you checks set for the same check interval?  If not, this is the
> source of your problem.  Nagios calculates 's'mart intercheck delay assuming
> the simplest of set-ups.  It totals all check times and divides by # of
> checks.  So, if you have a few services that are only checked once per hour,
> they'll skew the average fairly far.  To solve this, manually calculate the
> intercheck-delay instead of using the 's' setting and see if that helps.

Thanks for the formula... however, all my checks (hosts and services) are set
for the same interval (1).

I'd much rather continue using the smart delay, but if problems persist I'll
try switching to manual.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110