CGI permissions make me mad!

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Tue Sep 16 23:31:07 CEST 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 Rick_Blair at fws.gov wrote:

> I have set up a new test server and made the permissions as wide open as
> possible.  I still get a cgi error:
> "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the hosts you requested..."

Another possible red-herring.. but something to look at anyway..

I've noticed that all of the Nagios CGIs process ALL of the nagios config
files every time they are run... and they don't (appear to) use exactly the
same parser as the nagios binary itself.

I've found that if I'm in the middle of adding a new host config file, for
example, the CGIs will start complaining that I don't have permission to view
anything, when really what they mean is that they have tried (and failed) to
parse an incomplete config file.

If Nagios starts up properly, this may not be your issue.. but I thought I'd
mention it anyway.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110