CGI permissions make me mad also! HELP!!!!

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Mon Sep 15 17:14:16 CEST 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 Rick_Blair at fws.gov wrote:

> Here's my cgi.cfg:
>
>       use_authentication=1
>
>       authorized_for_configuration_information=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>       authorized_for_system_commands=rblair,jfedewa
>       authorized_for_all_services=rblair
>       authorized_for_all_hosts=rblair
>       authorized_for_all_service_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>       authorized_for_all_host_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
>
> Here's the box in the upper left hand corner of my browser.
>  Logged in as rblair

That certainly looks like all the right stuff to me.
I'm a relatively new user to Nagios, so I don't know all the little pitfalls..
If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

If you want to check permissions.. all my files are owned by nagios:daemon (I
compiled nagios to use the daemon group instead of its own custom group).
Config files and logs are mode 0644, directories and executables are 0755, and
the nagios.cmd file is 2660.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110