CGI permissions make me mad also! HELP!!!!

Rick_Blair at fws.gov Rick_Blair at fws.gov
Fri Sep 12 23:56:24 CEST 2003

Here's my cgi.cfg:

      use_authentication=1

      authorized_for_configuration_information=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
      authorized_for_system_commands=rblair,jfedewa
      authorized_for_all_services=rblair
      authorized_for_all_hosts=rblair
      authorized_for_all_service_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones
      authorized_for_all_host_commands=rblair,jfedewa,mjones

Here's the box in the upper left hand corner of my browser.

 Current Network Status
 Last Updated: Fri Sep 12 15:53:03 MDT 2003
 Updated every 90 seconds
 Nagios® - www.nagios.org
 Logged in as rblair

Rick Blair
Network Engineer
USFW
303.202.2687

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Matt Pounsett   |
|         |           <matt.pounsett at c|
|         |           ira.ca>         |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           mattp at office-mai|
|         |           l.cira.ca       |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           09/12/2003 03:27|
|         |           PM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                        |
  |        To:      Rick_Blair at fws.gov                                                                                     |
  |        cc:      nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net                                                                     |
  |        Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] CGI permissions make me mad also!  HELP!!!!                                         |

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 Rick_Blair at fws.gov wrote:

> Matt, thanks,  this is going above and beyond........... ,  I really
> appreciate it.
>
> I ran your cgi and this is what I get.
>
> AUTH_TYPE  Basic
> REMOTE_USER  rblair

Okay.. so it would appear that you've at least got HTTP Auth working
properly.
If this CGI can pick up the user you're logging in with, then the Nagios
CGI
should be able to as well.

Now I think you can concentrate on the cgi.cfg file itself.  A couple
questions..

What user does Nagios report you being logged in as?  (In the little table
top-right corner of the Tactical Overview) Is it 'rblair', 'guest', '?' or
something else?

Is default_user_name defined?  If so, what is it set to?

What are the authorized_for_* variables set to?

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration
Authority