Time Undetermined

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue Sep 9 05:46:32 CEST 2003

On 8 Sep 2003 at 16:34, jeff vier wrote:

> Where is the "Time Undetermined" in the availability page coming from?
> *All* of my systems have the same "Time Undetermined" percentage
> listed; I *know* they've been up the entire time...
>
> I *think* it has to do with nagios not recognizing the initial state -
> if I switch (in the upper right) 'First assumed service state:' to be
> 'Current State', it *seems* to be correct.
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.

You are correct.  Nagios could not find an entry in the log file that
indicated the starting state of the host/service in question.
Options you have would be to increase the backtracked archives option
when you run the report and/or enable logging of initial states.
This should get cleared up in 2.0, as Nagios logs the current state
of all hosts/services each time the log file gets rotated.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org