No permissions

Sami Haahtinen ressu at ressukka.net
Mon Oct 13 09:17:41 CEST 2003

Kyle Gordon wrote:
> I've recently installed nagios-mysql from the Debian testing branch, and
> I'm having endless problems with the cgi authentication. I can log in
> fine (using mod_auth_pam), and I've set all the authorization options in
> cgi.cfg to allow the username that I use. When logged in, it says up in
> the top right 'Logged in as bagpuss', so I would assume that it knows
> who I am etc.

Does your username match the contact name in your nagios configuration?
Nagios appears to use your username which you used to authenticate to
apache to check which services you are allowed to view.

Change your contact name to match your apache username (or the other way
around) or mark the username as a GOD! *evil laughter* But i don't
really recommend this.

Regards, Sami